Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Home Stretch.

Elder Edwards is officially 3/4 of the way done with serving his mission. It is hard to believe that in 6 short months we will have him home. We are all very excited! I am mailing a package his way later in the week. Please let me know if there is anything anyone would like included and i'll ship it with my stuff to save on your costs. Here is the update from this week:

Hello my dear family,

Well this last week was for sure a roller coaster week. I had four different comps until on Friday I finally received my new greenie straight from the MTC. He is a pretty quiet person but I can truly see a lot of good coming from him and pretty soon he's gonna be a boss missionary. We have found a couple families and it looks like we're going to be having a couple marriages and baptisms! WORK WORK WORK. There's no replace for good hard work. Especially when it comes to mission work. 
  Also like I said last week I am back into my old area and yesterday at church was way interesting. While I was there I got to see my fruits that were left from the last time I was here. One of my recent converts is almost not a recent convert and is turning in his papers to serve a mission! I really hope that I am here to see him leave for the mission field! We also baptized a lady who is now the first councilor in the Relief Society. Also a family of 5 we baptized are all still really strong and all have callings! This work truly is amazing and we definitely are always making a huge difference everywhere we go!
That was pretty crazy to hear about scout camp and about that man. I almost feel like I am anti scouts.. It sounds more dangerous than being in Africa!
I hope all is well and that you all are taking care of yourselves. Just 6 months til we can party!! ha just kidding.
Love,
 Elder Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment